LOCATIONS: LOCATIONS: Santa Ana, Los Angeles, Redlands, San Diego
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of recent experience in environmental consulting project management experience and preparing and managing CEQA and NEPA documents. This position will be responsible for managing project teams of in-house technical staff and sub-consultants in the preparation of complex environmental documents within prescribed schedules and budgets. The ability to lead and work as part of the team while maintaining constant and positive communication with clients is critical. This senior-level position is also responsible for supplementing our business development team by seeking out new work from existing and potential clients. The ideal candidate needs to possess strong interpersonal skills and, preferably, has established industry ties to potential public- and private-sector clients. The successful candidate must have a BA/BS degree in environmental studies, planning, or a related discipline. A MA/MS degree is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical training and supervision to staff.
- Assists with administrative duties, such as staffing, scheduling, budgeting and allocating resources to meet project requirements.
- Serves as member of project team, as assigned. Serves as a leader on assigned tasks within a project.
- Assists with quality control.
- Performs support in proposal development and other new business activities; assists with the preparation of large proposals, including budgets and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple mid-size projects or a lesser amount of large projects.
- Assists, monitors and mentors subordinate staff on project activities.
- Manages midsize to larger projects
- Responsible for new bookings with existing and new clients.
- Written and oral communication skills commensurate with this level of responsibility.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree required, in natural or physical science, public policy, economics, environmental management, or related subjects and 2 years of experience in a technical lead and/or demonstrated leadership preferred. Professional certifications preferred. Professional association membership participation preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated public speaking/presentation skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals
- Computer/technology skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite preferred
- Demonstrates strong organizational, communications, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, independent thinking, good problem-solving skills, excellent field skills and educational background in specific discipline.
Company provides excellent benefits and opportunities for growth.
Please reply to email@example.com immediately with the cover letter and resume.
Chambers Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V)